[Dataloss] Report on TJX breach expected today

Avery Sawaba avery.sawaba at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 15:17:07 UTC 2007

I was on the teleconference call, but hit *1 too late to ask my
question. Reading the report that Chris sent the link to, one of the
big questions that stood out was that, although they explain that
wireless networks were upgraded to WPA in September 2005 to fix the
WEP security issue, they don't explain how the intruders continued to
access their networks even after the "locks were changed". Most of the
comments were Canadian specific, but a lot of American journalists
were on the line asking questions.

The only thing I heard that was truly new news to me was that the
breach originated at two Marshalls stores in Miami. I still have to
wonder whether or not all the intrusions were through the same stores
via the same methods though, and I can't help but doubt it.

--Sawaba