[Dataloss] [Update] Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield CD Found

Dissent Dissent at pogowasright.org
Wed Mar 14 22:03:45 UTC 2007

http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=104&STORY=/www/story/03-14-2007/0004546462&EDATE=

Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield was just informed that Magellan
Behavioral Health Services has located the CD sent via UPS by Health
Data Management Solutions (HDMS), a third party vendor to Magellan,
an Empire benefit program administrator, that included some members'
personal health information. The CD was lost in transit and was
located this afternoon.

Although there was no indication that the CD had been stolen, last
week Empire sent a letter to inform affected groups and members who
may have been impacted. While we understood it was possible the CD
would be found, to be cautious, Empire accelerated member
notification as our members' security and trust are our highest priority.

[...]

--
Main site: http://www.pogowasright.org
Main RSS feed: http://www.pogowasright.org/backend/pogowasright.rss