[Dataloss] Social Security Numbers Exposed in CCSU Letters

B.K. DeLong bkdelong at pobox.com
Sat Feb 10 07:56:09 EST 2007

Yes but it's amazing how a little due diligence could have prevented
this "breach". I mean, with 750 physical letters going out...someone
should have noticed.

Of course, FERPA violations have no teeth as we don't hear about
colleges and universities losing Federal funding. So, per usual, it's
left to Civil Action to force penalization. Educational institutions
don't seem to be as effected by "loss of reputation" when these things
happen.

--
B.K. DeLong (K3GRN)
bkdelong at pobox.com
+1.617.797.8471

http://www.wkdelong.org                    Son.
http://www.ianetsec.com                    Work.
http://www.bostonredcross.org             Volunteer.
http://www.carolingia.eastkingdom.org   Service.
http://bkdelong.livejournal.com             Play.

PGP Fingerprint:
38D4 D4D4 5819 8667 DFD5  A62D AF61 15FF 297D 67FE

FOAF:
http://foaf.brain-stream.org