[Dataloss] UK: Police personal data found on discarded floppy

Chris Walsh chris at cwalsh.org
Thu Dec 27 04:47:19 UTC 2007

In part it depends on the law in wherever it is that the loss took
place.  I don't have to strain my brain too much to imagine that in
the UK an exposure like this is more likely to be a transgression of
some kind of privacy regulation, whereas in the US it might not be.
Even here I seem to remember running into a FOIA exception relating to
the addresses of police officers.  Can't recall what state it was, but
I don't think I'm remembering this wrong....