[Dataloss] VA does a followup on their earlier form letter

Roy M. Silvernail roy at rant-central.com
Thu Sep 14 18:25:41 EDT 2006

I found another VA form letter in my mailbox today.  Over the signature
of R. James Nicholson, it says in part:

"Based on the results of forensic tests, the Federal Bureau of
Investigation (FBI) has told us that they are highly confident the
sensitive data were not accessed.

Given the FBI's high degree of confidence that the information was not
compromised, individual credit monitoring will not be necessary."

Why do I not feel any more secure because of this? </sarcasm>
--
Roy M. Silvernail is roy at rant-central.com, and you're not
"It's just this little chromium switch, here." - TFT