[Dataloss] An amazing use of DLDOS

lyger lyger at attrition.org
Thu Sep 7 08:10:06 EDT 2006

On Thu, 7 Sep 2006, Al Mac wrote:

": " I know there have been 5 incidents with Ernst & Young but only 2 in the
": " data base, perhaps because some get associated with the outfit they were
": " auditing.  Many incidents nowadays have two places ... the one responsible
": " for the data, and the one that managed to lose it.
": "
": " I suggest a source url, although in some cases the original news story may die.
": "
": " Al Mac

That was the intent of the ThirdParty and ThirdPartyName columns, in which
E&Y is listed once for the Hotels.com breach.  If we're missing two other
breaches related to E&Y, please let us know and we'll update accordingly.

Per http://attrition.org/dataloss/dldoskey.html :

All other columns should be self explanatory. The RefPage column refers to
the html page on attrition.org that hosts an archived news story
(attrition.org/dataloss/[year]/); these have since been moved into
subdirectories sorted by year and month. Please feel free to add columns
and plug in missing data as needed. If you find an error or missing entry,
please email us and we'll update our copy of the data accordingly. Any
other suggestions, comments, or concerns, please email us.