[Dataloss] Personal experiences? Was Re: VISA / 1ST BANK

Al Mac macwheel99 at sigecom.net
Sat Oct 21 01:48:51 EDT 2006

I have had one trivial notification that some personal information was
compromised.

I had one incident in which I initially thought I was an ID theft victim,
because I was in trouble for not paying an account I did not have, but it
turned out to be bank error, that still hurt my credit rating.

I have ID theft insurance as a rider on my personal property insurance.

I now think two waste baskets is best insurance against dumpster divers
(tear up the bills, and put pieces into different garbage containers that
do not get dumped at same time).