[Dataloss] VISA / 1ST BANK

security curmudgeon jericho at attrition.org
Thu Oct 19 03:04:06 EDT 2006

Letter sent out to an unknown amount of 1st Bank customers on Oct 16. Any
typos are my own.

--

1ST BANK
Data Corporation

October 16, 2006

[Customer Name]
[Customer Address]

Dear FirstBank Customer:

We have been notified by Visa U.S.A. that a listing of valid Visa card
numbers has been obtained by an unauthorized person or persons who gained
access to a merchant card processor's transaction database. For privacy
reasons, Visa cannot disclose the name of the processor. Your FirstTeller
Visa Check Card number was among those that were compromised. Although we
believe the possibility of your card being used for fraudulent
transactions is minimal, we are going to issue you a new card which you
should receive by 10/27/2006.

Effective 11/01/2006, your existing FirstTeller Card, ending in ####, will
no longer work. If you have not received a new card by 10/27/2006, please
notify us. Any recurring payments that you have scheduled with your
existing FirstTeller Card will need to be transferred to your new card.

We aplogize for any inconvenience this situation may cause you. We would
also like to reassure you that the compromise of information occurred at a
merchant card processor's location, not FirstBank and therefore your
account information at FirstBank has not been obtained by these
unauthorized indivuduals. If you have any questions concerning this
letter, please call us at (303)237-5000 or 1-800-964-3444 if you are
outside metro Denver.

Sincerely,

Lovonne Maness
Dat Processing Officer