[Dataloss] DLDOS Update: Data Expansion (new columns)

lyger lyger at attrition.org
Tue Oct 17 20:33:36 EDT 2006

Thanks to input from members of the mail list and others, four new columns
have been added to DLDOS:

http://attrition.org/dataloss/dataloss.csv

StockSymbol (if the company is listed on an exchange, does it have a
symbol?)

DataRecovered (was the data recovered if lost or stolen?  the answer can
be yes, no, or partial)

ConsumerLawsuit (was a lawsuit filed against the company or companies
responsible for the loss?)

ArrestProsecution (was there an arrest or prosecution related to the
incident)

Here's the catch:  to this point, we have only backfilled the first five
and last five events in the database to get the ball rolling.  Adding new
events and backfilling older events is still taking quite a bit of time,
so if anyone wants to assist with adding data to the four new columns, it
would be GREATLY appreciated.  Please contact me directly of you have data
to contribute (preferably listed by DL-#### UID).

Extra thanks (in no particular order) to Chris Walsh, Jericho, Dissent
and AnonAdmin (PogoWasRight.org) Adam Shostack, and B.K. DeLong for their
input on the expansion.

Lyger