[Dataloss] Employee vs client data?

Dissent Dissent at pogowasright.org
Mon Oct 16 12:45:28 EDT 2006

"B.K. DeLong" <bkdelong at pobox.com> wrote:

> It would be cool if we could begin distinguishing whether it was
employee
> data that was lost or client data, (or both).

It would be even cooler if our govt. actually had a clue what kinds of
data were even on the thousands of govt. or govt contractor laptops
etc. that have been lost or stolen by now.

I think we should have a separate "clueless index" as a running total
of the number of as-yet-unrecovered lost or stolen laptops, computers,
flash drives or media that are gone and where we have no idea in h*ll
what was even on them.

Dissent