[Dataloss] Employee vs client data?

Allan Friedman allan_friedman at ksgphd.harvard.edu
Mon Oct 16 11:40:58 EDT 2006

> It would be cool if we could begin distinguishing whether it was employee
> data that was lost or client data, (or both).

There's a field for data subject my data. I also note the presence of
a principle-agent relationship for data protection, for when a third
party is safeguarding the data on behalf of the {employer/merchant}.
Finally, the data subject could have no direct or transitive
relationship with the data subject (i.e. Choicepoint).  I only have it
for publicly traded companies, though.

I hate to keep this stuff as a shadow dataset, but since exact date
and sequence of info is critical to our project, it's taken longer
than expected to make sure it's good.  We really look forward to
sharing it soon.

allan