[Dataloss] Admin: List Reminders

lyger lyger at attrition.org
Wed Oct 11 19:28:53 EDT 2006

With the number of list subscribers growing in the last week weeks, I'd
like to point out the following and make a few requests.

1.  Please trim old footers and irrelevant quoted material out of
replies.  It takes only a few seconds of time and makes things easier to
read and parse through for your fellow subscribers.  If it's forgotten
once, it's not a criminal offense. :)  More than one quoted footer in a
post may risk a post being discarded.

2.  When responding to a list post, please don't reply-to-all.  This will
usually cause the original poster to receive more than one copy of your
reply.  If your message is intended for the list, please reply to
dataloss at attrition.org.  If you wish to contact the original poster
directly, please mail them directly without a CC to the list or list
admins.

3.  This list is non-commercial in nature.  Whether responding to the list
or individuals directly, please do not send emails based on list content
to promote commercial products or services.  All such emails to the list
will be immediately discarded and the sender will be subject to
unsubscription.  All spam-like off-list emails should be handled by the
recipient(s) as they wish.

Any questions, please feel to reply to me directly and not to the list.

Lyger