[Dataloss] Tracking consequences of data loss

B.K. DeLong bkdelong at pobox.com
Wed Oct 11 14:30:51 EDT 2006

On 10/11/06, Al Mac <macwheel99 at sigecom.net> wrote:

> There is also a web of lawsuits associated with trying to recover the
> costs
> of re-issuing credit and debit card accounts.

Besides ChoicePoint, what others?

Another follow-up I would like to see is which of these places were
> (a) governed by some security mandate that they violated (which ones) ...
> various gov regulations by industry, such as on this
> list  http://www.unbeatenpathintl.com/ITstandards/source/1.html

Right......and PCI, FISA, FFIEC. With any luck there's probably a list out
there that lists some of the companies in DLDOS that are subject to all of
these that could simply be imported in. I think a lot of it is up to
interpretation.

(c) illiterate about security standards

I'm not sure how scientifically measurable this is. ;)