[Dataloss] More info on Department of Veterans Affairs breach

Beth Givens bgivens at privacyrights.org
Fri May 26 14:57:18 EDT 2006

The VA's information page is woefully inadequate.

The VA's web page is woefully and shamefully lacking fyi.

You might be interested in our tip sheet for veterans:
http://www.privacyrights.org/ar/VABreach.htm

We are going to add a section to our tip sheet over the weekend that
suggests advocacy actions vets can take re: legislation, HIPAA
complaints, and Privacy Act violations.

Beth

At 11:43 AM 5/26/2006, lyger wrote:

>(Not to over-do the VA story, but here are a couple of links I hadn't
>known of before today)
>
>General information about the breach (including the phrase "extra
>vigilant" used four or five times):
>
>http://firstgov.gov/veteransinfo.shtml
>
>$50,000 reward offered for information leading to recovery of the stolen
>hardware:
>
>http://www.firstgov.gov/veterans_reward_offered.pdf

The information, advice, and suggestions contained in this email
should be used as an information source and not as legal advice.

Beth Givens, Director
Privacy Rights Clearinghouse
3100 - 5th Ave., Suite B
San Diego, CA 92103