[Dataloss] 88 million... is it really an accurate number?

lyger lyger at attrition.org
Tue Jun 27 21:08:13 EDT 2006

On Tue, 27 Jun 2006, blitz wrote:

": " I would imagine any combination of personally identifiable information that
": " could be used to impersonate someone.
": " Medical records are supposed to be protected under the HIPPA laws, but to
": " date, NO ONE has been prosecuted/fined for violations, and they are indeed
": " widespread. I myself have had private medical information leaked. I filed a
": " complaint, but it falls on deaf ears. Ears that are intending to protect
": " the wrongdoers.
": "
": "