[Dataloss] [vanderaj at greebo.net: SF new column announcement:Strict liability for data breaches?]

MariaParedes at financial.wellsfargo.com MariaParedes at financial.wellsfargo.com
Tue Feb 21 11:59:54 EST 2006

I completely agree on having the IT community provide input on the technical aspects for each of those acts.

Ever since joining this list (less than a month), I've noticed a pattern: the data breaches across the US and the world seem to be a daily issue. Every time I read of another data loss, I question the security and policies of these major corporations in whom so many consumers trust their personal and financial information to.

I believe major changes need to happen in the data security arena and one of those should be to empower (and inform) the billions of affected individuals to take charge and follow suit for any company that mishandles their information. After all, why would I want to trust a company with my personal and/or financial data if they cannot assure me that it will be protected as their most valuable asset?

María G Paredes
OS Analyst

"This message may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the addressee or authorized to receive this for the addressee, you must not use, copy, disclose, or take any action based on this message or any information herein. If you have received this message in error, please advise the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this message. Thank you for your cooperation".

"Este mensaje puede contener información confidencial y/o privilegiada. Si usted no es el destinatario o no está autorizado para recibirlo por parte del destinatario, usted no puede usar, copiar, revelar, o tomar ninguna acción basada en este mensaje o cualquier información en el mismo. Si usted ha recibido este mensaje por error, favor de notificarle al remitente inmediatamente al responder a este correo electrónico y borre este mensaje. Gracias por su cooperación."