[Dataloss] More on the BofA card-cancellations

Chris Walsh cwalsh at cwalsh.org
Fri Feb 10 14:17:59 EST 2006

On Fri, Feb 10, 2006 at 11:05:30AM -0800, Sharon Besser wrote:
> Lets wait until the "he said, she said" smoke screen would disappear.
> As far as we know, *something* happened. Personally, I do not believe
> that its a "much ado about nothing" situation...

I agree completely.  In particular,
http://www.emergentchaos.com/archives/002310.html makes me think that something
has been amiss for a while, and has reached a point where the bank felt
it needed to "proactively" cancel cards rather than reactively do so (as they
seem to have been despite the unusually high amount of debit card fraud).

I hope the reporter for the Seattle P-I who wrote the article Adam cites in
the blog entry above is digging into this.