[Dataloss] More on the BofA card-cancellations

Adam Shostack adam at homeport.org
Fri Feb 10 12:13:34 EST 2006

Thanks Sharon!

The only explanation(s) I can think of for not disclosing are ongoing
investigations, which is starting to get thin as details leak, and
that the data was "encrypted."

I don't believe that the encryption exemption is going to work,
because clearly these banks feel it's worth some expense to protect
their customers--therefore, any encryption in place was either weak,
or bypassed by the nature of the attack.

Adam