[Dataloss] Bag of 700 passport forms goes missing

Dissent Dissent at pogowasright.org
Fri Dec 22 12:42:13 EST 2006

http://deseretnews.com/dn/view/0,1249,650217060,00.html

A bag of about 700 passport applications is missing and a handful of
Utahns are among the impacted applicants.

The bag was reported missing by the U.S. State Department on Dec. 1,
when the applications were supposed to be shipped by commercial air
from Los Angeles to the State Department's Passport Center in
Charlotte, N.C.

"We've conducted a pretty comprehensive search," said Steve Royster,
spokesman for consular affairs with the State Department. "We're
continuing to work at locating them."

[...]

Many of the applications listed detailed personal information, such as
a Social Security number, address and phone number. Schneider's son
included his old passport and original birth certificate with his
application.

[...]

--
Privacy-related news and resources: http://www.pogowasright.org